- At least 1 coat or sweater per child..and keep it in the trunk.
- Small first aid kit or box of bandaids. I went a few months without opening the box and then out of nowhere I’ve used them and my daughter has needed them within the past 3 weeks! So glad I had them in the glove box!
- Extra plastic grocery bags. I actually have a small trash bag that sits in the back with my daughter, at her feet, and it has a small container on the side for extra.
- Sunglasses. My daughter ALWAYS forgets hers so it’s nice to have an extra pair that stays in the car.
- Tissues, tissues, and more tissues!! I have a box of Kleenex that sits in the back seat on the floor and I also have the individual packages in the glove box (and center console) for backups. Unfortunately, my daughter gets a lot of nosebleeds so these come in handy. (I really should buy stock in them!)
- Nail clippers. I thought about keeping a pair of scissors in the car, but they are too big and just not that safe with small children. So I keep a pair of nail clippers in my center console for any time that I need to cut something. I use them a lot when we buy something at the store that has a plastic ring and we want to use it right away.
- A small emergency toy bag. If we’re going out for the day running errands, even if it’s just 1 errand, I have my daughter pack a small backpack of toys and snacks. This way if the errand(s) take longer than expected she doesn’t get bored and I keep my sanity (I’ll take all the help I can get!)!
- I also keep a towel in the trunk of my car. You never when there’s an accidental spill or a spur of the moment trip to the water park now that the temps in Vegas have passed 100! 🙂
I have a small bin in my trunk where I keep most of these items. This keeps my trunk clutter free and things don’t go flying all over the place! 🙂