Cameron Herold: Let’s raise kids to be entrepreneurs
- We don’t always need to push our children to become one of the social norms when it comes to careers.
- Definition of an entrepreneur: A person who organizes, operates and assumes the risk for a business venture.
- When our children are struggling with a particular subject in school, what are we doing to get them through it? Are we belittling them? Are we grooming them to work for others instead of doing something for themselves?
- We need to be teaching our children to fish, instead of giving them the fish.
- Of course not every child is a budding entrepreneur…but are we paying attention to the ones that are?
- We should be teaching them not to waste money!
- Allowances teach kids the wrong lesson, it’s teaching them they have to go out and work for someone else…they also begin to expect it regularly.
- Teach them negotiation skills with things that need to be done around the house.
- Let kids have 2 piggy banks. Any money they receive gets split in half…one piggy bank to save for something they want and the other to just save. 🙂