It’s because of Mariska Hargitay that I still love watching Law & Order SVU.
- She is the daughter of Jayne Mansfield and actor/bodybuilder Mickey Hargitay.
- She’s been in several movies and television shows since the 1980s.
- She was the sole survivor of the car accident that killed her mother and her mother’s boyfriend.
- She speaks English, Hungarian, French, Spanish, and Italian.
- She has 1 biological child with husband Peter Harmann and 2 adopted children.
- In 2006 she won an Emmy and made sure to thank her dad for everything, he died 17 days later.
- In 2008 she suffered a partially collapsed lung due to a stunt on L&O SVU.
- She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and has won numerous awards during her career so far.
- She is the founder and President of the Joyful Heart Foundation, which offers support to victims of sexual assault, domestic abuse, and child abuse.