Cindy Crawford has been my favorite model since I was about 14 years old. I’ll have to dig it out, but I wrote her a fan letter when I was 14-15 years old and I was SUPER excited because she actually sent me an autographed picture. I also remember my best friend and I working out to her video tapes.
- She was discovered at 16 and has been on the cover of hundreds of magazines!
- She was on MTV’s House of Style.
- Early in her career her mole was removed in the pictures.
- She was often referred to as “Baby Gia” after resembling Gia Carangi.
- She is one of the few celebrities who actually admits to getting botox and vitamin injections.
- She created the beauty line Meaningful Beauty with Jean-Louis Sebagh
- She also has a Home design line
- She was married to Richard Gere from 1991-1995
- She has been married to Rande Gerber since 1998 with whom she has 2 children.
- After losing her brother to leukemia, she has made childhood leukemia a main focal point of her charity work.
- She is an honorary board member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.
- She is an official supporter of the Ronald McDonald House charities.
Side note, I met Rande Gerber a few years ago and I knew his name…not because he’s part of the “GERBER” baby food…no…what did I say to him? “Aren’t you Cindy Crawford’s husband?” really?